Top 10 Blogs of 2018
28th December 2018
Throughout 2018 we have created a number of blogs. Many have been written to help you with your training contract applications and to help you understand the legal sector better.
Here is a list of our 10 most popular blogs written in 2018:
1. 17 WEBSITES YOU CAN USE TO RESEARCH LAW FIRMS
There's a lot of information on the web, but which are the best sources to research law firms if you are interested in a training contract. We give our opinion in this video blog post.
2. 10 SKILLS YOU’LL NEED AS A TRAINEE SOLICITOR
In this video blog, we look closely at the skills that really make trainees successful. We go beyond the generic terms you often hear, such as communication skills or commercial awareness, and identify the key characteristics found in good trainees.
3. 6 LAW FIRM FINANCIAL METRICS YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND
If you are interested in entering the solicitor profession, you should also know how law firms work, how they assess profitability and how they use metrics to evaluate their success. This video blog explains to key terms used by most law firms.
4. TRAINING CONTRACT APPLICATION STRATEGIES THAT WORK
Using data from our trainees, we have focused on identifying a number of strategies that are proven to improve your chances of securing a training contract.
5. WHAT COUNTS AS WORK EXPERIENCE ON YOUR TRAINING CONTRACT APPLICATION
Do you need legal work experience? Should you include part-time jobs in your applications? All these questions are answered in this video blog. We also provide tips on how best to mention your previous work experience in your applications.
6. 11 REASONS A VACATION SCHEME CAN BE THE BEST WAY TO GET A TRAINING CONTRACT
It's true. Vacation Scheme are increasingly becoming the recruitment method of choice for many law firms. This blog explains why.
7. LAW FIRM PARTNERSHIP MODELS: SWISS VEREIN VS GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP
Law firms can have different partnership models. These models can have a significant impact on your training contract and future career at a firm. In this video blog we discuss the two most common partnership models for commercial law firms.
8. BEYOND SALARY – THE BENEFITS OF WORKING IN A LAW FIRM
It's not all about the money! There's no denying that law is a well paid profession, particularly commercial law, but there are many additional benefits that students are not often aware of. In this video blog, we explain some of the many benefits you receive when you work for a commercial law firm.
9. 5 MINUTES WITH OLIVIA SPONG, FUTURE TRAINEE
This was our most popular future trainee Q&A. Read more about Olivia's journey to securing a training contract at Shearman & Sterling.
10. A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE (WITH IMAGES) TO SUBMITTING VACATION SCHEME AND TRAINING CONTRACT APPLICATIONS THROUGH APPLY4LAW
This blog offers a completely practical guide to submitting a vacation scheme or training contract application through the Apply4Law portal. Apply4Law is a portal used by many law firms so chances are you will have to use it when applying to law firms.