Welcome to the beginning
One of the best ways to learn more about us is by attending an open day. In 2022/23 academic year we will be hosting four open days on the following dates:
- 18 October 2022 (deadline 9 October 2022)
- 30 November 2022 (deadline 20 November 2022)
- 10 January 2023 (deadline 18 December 2022)
- 31 May 2023 (deadline 21 May 2023)
Open days at Shearman & Sterling are great for candidates who are still researching their legal careers. These one-day programmes provide an insight into the life of trainees and give you an unparalleled chance to step into our office and find out what the firm is like from the inside.
Open days are perfect for candidates who are looking to apply for Vacation Schemes and can really help you show your dedication to the legal profession and the research you are doing outside of your studies.
At Shearman & Sterling our open days provide a range of informative sessions, including:
- An overview of the firm and our place in the legal market;
- An introduction to our core trainee practice areas – M&A, Finance and Project Development & Finance;
- A panel Q&A session with our trainees so you can ask your burning questions regarding overseas seats, support throughout your training contract and what the work is really like;
- An interactive workshop from the graduate recruitment team providing hints and tips on application forms and interviews; and
- A chance to network with partners, associates, trainees and graduate recruitment and get a real feel for our culture.
Candidates do have to apply for the open days as there are limited spaces, though it is not an arduous process and should be good practise before attempting the all important vacation scheme applications! Many of our open day attendees go on to successfully gain places on our vacation schemes and become our future trainees.
For your chance to join us