Welcome to the beginning
One of the best ways to learn more about us is by attending an open day. In 2020/21 academic year we will be hosting four open days on the following dates:
- 21 October 2020 (deadline 11 October 2020 – This event will be online)
- 2 December 2020 (deadline 22 November 2020 – This event will be online)
- 6 January 2021 (deadline 20 December 2020 – This event will be online)
- 2 June 2021 (deadline 23 May 2021)
Open days at Shearman & Sterling are great for candidates who are still researching their legal careers. These one-day programmes provide an insight into the life of trainees and give you an unparalleled chance to step into our office and find out what the firm is like from the inside.
Open days are perfect for candidates who cannot yet apply to other programmes (Head Start or Vacation Schemes) and can really help you show your dedication to the legal profession and the research you are doing outside of your studies.
At Shearman & Sterling our open days provide a range of informative sessions, including:
- An overview of the firm and our place in the legal market;
- An introduction to our core trainee practice areas – M&A, Finance and Project Development & Finance;
- A panel Q&A session with our trainees so you can ask your burning questions regarding overseas seats, support throughout your training contract and what the work is really like;
- An interactive workshop from the graduate recruitment team providing hints and tips on application forms and interviews; and
- A chance to network with partners, associates, trainees and graduate recruitment and get a real feel for our culture.
Candidates do have to apply for the open days as there are limited spaces, though it is not an arduous process and should be good practise before attempting the all important vacation scheme applications! Many of our open day attendees go on to successfully gain places on our vacation schemes and become our future trainees.
For your chance to join us